Saturday, October 17, 2009
happy marmot
happy marmot, originally uploaded by cathurynn.
I'm pretty sure this is the first time I've tried to blog a video from my Flickr feed, but here goes! I hope this works. :)
On both of our hikes we saw marmots. They're pretty cute. We also saw a pika, pretty many chipmunks, and some animals that at the time we thought were marmots but now I'm pretty sure were something else.
Anyway, this marmot walked up right behind my mom and I as we were resting and having a snack on a rock above the trail. He was just meandering around, wagging his tail, and eating grass. He was not that far away from us, but he seemed pretty unconcerned. Later, he wandered down to a little den he had in some rocks and kept peeking out to see if we were still there. Then he wandered off to eat some more grass.