Wednesday, April 08, 2009

 

French Market


French Market, originally uploaded by cathurynn.

The first morning we were there, Kris and I headed to the French Market to Cafe du Monde get beignets for breakfast. It's the thing to do when you're in the French Quarter, so we did it. After a brief trip back to the hotel (I spilled my Cafe du Monde hot chocolate all down my jeans - clutzy me!), we checked out the rest of the French Market. The market has all sorts of things. There's an area where people with tables sell random items like purses, sunglasses, mardi gras masks and beads, and New Orleans t-shirts. The rest of the market is shops that sell more touristy goods. There are a lot of cajun/creole spices along that row. Although I tried on a mask and made Kris take a photo, we didn't buy anything. We just walked along, seeing the sites and watching the people. Later we crossed Decatur and headed into the rest of the French Quarter. (In case you haven't noticed, the links in these vacation entries take you to other photos in my Lousiana set on Flickr. If you want more info about any of these places, try the descriptions I wrote for the photos, or ask!)


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?