Monday, March 30, 2009

 

Louisiana State Capitol


Louisiana State Capitol, originally uploaded by cathurynn.

If you didn't already know, I went on a trip two weeks ago to Louisiana! Kris and I spent a day driving to Baton Rouge, so our first tourist/vacation activity was to head downtown to visit the state capitol. There aren't toooo many things to do in Baton Rouge, but the capitol has interesting grounds and a good view from the top of the Mississippi River and the rest of the downtown area. I'd already been up in the top with the family during our trip last year, so I didn't take any photos up there this time. Kris and and I did wander around the grounds and saw an old armory used in the Civil War, the burial spot of Huey Long (the governor who was behind the construction of this capitol building), and some lovely gardens.

I'll probably keep blogging the trip like this, with one central photo and other related photos linked in the text. If you'd rather just look at the photos and not read what I write, just head to the Louisiana set over at my Flickr. It isn't complete yet, since I'm only about halfway through the photos, but it's a good start. :)


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?