Sunday, November 02, 2008
NaBloPoMo
I'm going to unofficially attempt NaBloPoMo (National Blog Posting Month). In case you are unfamiliar, this typically involves writing and posting something everyday for the month of November. I say unofficial because I'm not going to join the official NaBloPoMo site. I'm just going to post things everyday.
If you haven't herad of NaBloPoMo (which is a pain to type), then you might not have heard of NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writing Month) which came first. I'm guessing you can figure out that it involves trying to write a 50,000-word novel in November. The NaNoWriMo people are celebrating 10 years of promoting novel writing, which is pretty cool. I'm definitely not interested in writing a novel. I prefer to let other people write them so that I can be busy reading them.
NaBloPoMo is a much much smaller deal than NaNoWriMo (and in my opinion, not nearly as cool as NaNo). It only started in 2006 (because the founder didn't/couldn't write the novel) and has 9,000-ish registered members. NaNoWriMo is really a big thing, with people all over the world participating, including well-known published authors like Neil Gaiman. According to Wikipedia, over 100,000 people officially participated last year. All you have to do to win NaNo is finish writing 50,000 words for your novel! If you want some more general information on NaNo, go here. NaNo's website will also be slow for the first couple days of the month because of the demand, so if it's not working for you now, it will later, I promised. (And the Wiki page is working just fine.)
Since I'm going to be making some extra blogging efforts this month, I should probably get around to letting more people know that I'm writing this. Hehehe. I know I have one reader (hi Maggie!). It certainly doesn't matter who reads it, but I confess that the point was to try to get my family and friends to follow along with my photograph efforts a little more closely. Or at least let them/you know that they have an option that doesn't involve looking at everything I put on Flickr.
So, happy second post of NaBloPoMo and I'll be back tomorrow!
